Web resources on French cinema
Welcome to the Kinoeye archive. The ultimate aim of the archive is to provide a near-as-damn-it definitive index of intelligent and thoughtful English-language analysis of European cinema on the web. This page is devoted to France.
Covered by this resource are both external sites and all articles that have appeared either in Kinoeye the journal or its previous incarnation as a column in Central Europe Review. However, this particular page is a new feature and at the moment the "films" section only contains links to articles published in Kinoeye. We hope to expand the range of links offered in the near future.
We are always looking for more articles to add. Please contact us if you have any suggestions.
To find out more about an entry in the "Films" section, let the cursor hover over a link, like this:
Entries in bold are articles that have appeared in either Kinoeye or Central Europe Review.
- Amiens International Film Festival
- Beauvais International Film Festival
- Cannes International Film Festival
- Cinema du Reel
- Festival du Film de Paris
- Les Lutins du Court Metrage
- Marseille-Festival International du Documentaire
- Nordic Film Festival
- Strasbourg Forum of European Cinema
- Travelling Rennes Film Festival
- Passion without words: The cinema of Claire Denis
A Kinoeye special issue
- Claire Denis: An Interview
- Claire Denis interviewed by Jonathan Romney